NEBOSH General Certificate Course / National Examination Board For Occupational Safety and Health
Health and Safety appointed representatives are faced with a constant battle against ever changing Health and Safety legislation and the impact on their respective organisations. In addition EC regulations stipulate that Health and Safety representatives must be “competent” to perform the role. The NEBOSH general certificate course upon completion is recognised as providing most of this competence. Along with providing delegates with the skills to interpret and implement current health and Safety requirements.
Learners will be better able to influence their on-site colleagues to work more safely; because they will gain the confidence and technical know-how to challenge unsafe behaviours and offer practical solutions.
- Why we should manage workplace health and safety.
- How health and safety management systems work and what they look like.
- Managing risk – understanding people and processes.
- Health and safety monitoring and measuring.
- Physical and psychological health.
- Musculoskeletal health.
- Chemical and biological agents.
- General workplace issues.
- Work equipment.
Who is it for?
The NEBOSH National General Certificate will give you invaluable knowledge and skills AND a globally respected qualification that supports your current role and your long-term career.
The qualification is:
- Relevant to every workplace.
- Ideal for managers, supervisors, or anybody with health and safety management responsibilities.
- Perfect for those embarking on a health and safety career.
No formal entry requirements though a learners agreement must be completed prior to commencing the course and delegates must have a suitable level of English, in order to understand the syllabus contents. The NEBOSH website recommends that learners “should reach a minimum standard of English equivalent to an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or higher in IELTS tests.” More information regarding the levels of English scores can be found on the IELTS website.
The NEBOSH General Certificate Course content is as follows
- Provisions under the Health and Safety At Work etc. Act 1974.
- Safe systems of work.
- Guarding of Machinery.
- Role and powers of enforcing authorities.
- Fire Regulation.
- Legal responsibilities for Sub-Contracting.
- Electrical Regulations.
- Protective Equipment and Devices.
- Hazard spotting, safety audits and safe systems of work.
- Risk Assessments.
- Safety Representatives and Consultation Legislation.
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences – Regulations.
- Fork Lift and Lift Truck safety, mobile plant and transport management.
- Accident Prevention Techniques.
- Noise Regulations.
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations.
- Supervisory and management responsibilities.
- Accident investigation techniques.
- Statute Law, Civil Law and Common Law.
- Safety policies.
- Overview of E.C. Regulations or Health and Safety (Six Pack).
- CDM Regulations.
The NEBOSH General Certificate programme results in a nationally recognised Health and safety qualification. In order to achieve this award delegates are required to attend formal examinations at the conclusion of the programme.
The exams comprise of two parts:
Part NG 1 Managing of Health and Safety.
Part NG 2 Risk Assessment.
To pass the National Certificate candidates must score at least 45% on the open book examination
(NG 1), with NG 2 having either a pass or referral.
- First class tuition.
- Full course notes.
- Health and Safety book.
- All registration and certification fees.
92% current NDS Pass Rate
National Average is 71%
The National General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health
To book this course, please use the form at the bottom of this page.